Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Final Project

For my final project I wanted to do something that I would most likely use again and get more familiar with. After debating what to do I decided to do a imovie. I have only used imovie once and that was for this class.  Since my mac is still pretty new I decided I can always use more practice with using imovie, and hopefully I will be using it in the future!  I also have always wanted to try and use idvd, but I never had any motivation to use it.  So I decided to do a imovie of my college graduation from Montclair State University and when I was done with that I wanted to use idvd.  I imported all of my pictures from graduation into imovie and then I decided to put transitions between each picture. I had also cropped some pictures so they would fit the screen better. I also added a first page where my name scrolls to the top of the page which I thought was a pretty fun feature!!!!  After doing all of that I was able to go to my itunes and add music. I decided to add Mahlers 5th symphony in C# Minor 4th movement- the Adiagietto.  That is one of my favorite pieces and I have had the pleasure to players 5th symphony twice.  (Although the 4th movement is only strings...I absolutely love that movement)  After finishing my project I then uploaded it to my website under movies and posted it on my webpage.

One of my main goals for this project was to also use idvd. I then imported my movie into idvd. It was my first time using idvd and then have already made templates to use for the dvd.  After going through some of them I picked one and was able to make my movie a dvd.

I think both of these tools are very useful for a music educator.  They are so easy to use and free and you can make your own dvd from your school concert and not have to pay anyone.  I think if you have a mac you should take full advantage of it!

No comments: